As a Consultant Deal Analytics you will become part of the PwC Deal Analytics team. This team is part of PwC’s leading Mergers & Acquisitions (‘Deals’) practice and conducts high impact data & analytics projects in a deals context. In this young and fast growing team you will work on creating value for our customers by providing new and original insights. You will work with data from their sales, marketing, operational- and financial systems to identify key value drivers and advice on possibilities to improve. You will work in deal teams consisting of colleagues with different backgrounds and expertise, in which you are responsible for the data analytics driven insights. You will work on 8 – 10 projects each year for both corporate & PE client, giving you a unique insight into the Dutch & international business world.
Who are you?
Your passion is to work with data in order to solve a wide array of deal related problems while working in a dynamic environment.
And that’s not all:
- You’ve got a master’s degree in econometrics, mathematics, engineering or another related study;
- We are also interested if you have a master in social sciences/business administration with strong specialisation towards applied statistics;
- You have 0-2 years relevant working experience.
- You are very curious by nature; enjoy diving deep to find the answer to yet unknown questions;
- You have the desire to go beneath the surface of a problem;
- You are confident, self-secure and flexible;
- You have the ability to work in situations where a lot is unknown and where that can change quickly;
- You are self-learning: stay ahead in a fast changing field of expertise;
- You are result focused and pragmatic;
- You have done significant extra-curricular activities and/or achieved high grades.
- Strong statistical and mathematical skills;
- Basic knowledge of business strategy;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary and ever changing environment;
- Ability to advice sr. management & clients in a clear and concise way;
- Ability to work both autonomously as well as in teams;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Basic experience with R, Python, Matlab, Hadoop, (MY)SQL, SPSS, programming or similar is preferable
PwC is investing heavily in its data analytics capabilities. You will work in the Deal Analytics team, and also become part of the wider PwC Data Analytics community in which we collaborate with Data Analytics teams across PwC.
What the job entails?
The PwC Deals professionals supports our clients in initiating and executing complex transactions. The projects involve supporting clients in buy side and sell side projects in which data analytics plays an increasingly important role. In terms of analysis, we focus not on one single technique, but make sure we have a wide range of techniques and tools at our disposal to optimally help our clients. The Dutch Deal Analytics team works closely together with data analytics teams in other countries such as Germany and the United Kingdom as well as globally. International opportunities therefore can become part of your career development. Next to access to internal and external training and learning opportunities there is an important element of learning on the job to develop your data analytics capabilities
What do we offer?
The chance to be part of a young and growing team in one of the most successful Deal practices in the market. You’ll be working in an environment where your opinion is welcome, regardless of the level of your role or your background. In short: this is a stimulating and challenging job in an open organization.
The world of Data is constantly changing. Your learning curve will be really steep, and you can count on active in-house guidance from experienced partners and directors. That way, you will get plenty of opportunities for professional and personal growth.
You’ll be assured of a variety of clients, inspiring colleagues and great working conditions which have been set up with your growth in mind.
And there’s more:
- You’ll be part of an international consulting firm;
- Both the primary and the secondary employment conditions are first-rate, with a partially non-contributory pension, 32 vacation days and a leased car, to name but a few of the perks.
Who are we?
We are PwC, established in 1849. Through various mergers, we have now become a worldwide business service provider with activities in the field of Assurance, Tax and Advisory. We operate in this field within a large range of sectors and clients.
We employ 223,000 people, across 157 countries PwC Nederland employs a total of over 4,700 people. Our relevance and purpose is ‘building trust in society and solving important problems’. This manifests itself in the way we work and who we are, guided by our values: Act with integrity, Make a difference, Care, Work together and Reimagine the possible. For more background information about us, visit our website.
The Consultant Deal Analytics falls within the field of Advisory, we advise clients in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, organizational development, performance improvement and crisis management.
Are you interested in this vacancy and do you meet all the requirements? Apply here. After you submit your application, including CV motivation letter and transcripts we will be in touch within two weeks to report on your application’s progress. The deadline for applying is February 4th.
If you have any questions relating to this vacancy, don’t hesitate to call me or send me an e-mail.